Sunday 10 October 2010

Event Report - Euskal 2010

Awesome place to sleep, if you still like concrete floor.

Yet again after one year of abstention the portuguese crew was back to Bilbao and Euskal, as usual our driver was Evil and is mighty mitsubishi, but this time we used a GPS to get there, although the roads in the frontier messed the GPS a bit :), we arrived at 23pm local hours after leaving Porto at 10:30am.

As usual the place was full gamers and scene spirit kept being replaced by stupid videos on youtube at the big screen, which was the biggest mistake, if I wanted to see video on youtube I could stayed in home and didn't needed to waste 300€ on trips and food :(

This year we learned how to waste less money on food, we bought microwave food on the local supermarket and we heated it at the local party microwaves, 2.5€ per meal, a great deal!

The sleeping space was ... the same, the showers were ... the same. But the big issue was the first night, I tried to slept under the hall lights and it didn't work very well since I didn't even had a tent.

During the party i bought an external hard drive with esata port with a good price tag, but the first impressions weren't the best, since the hard drive blew up in my face, which was interesting :), but the guys at the shop gave me a new kit and everything was fine. It's a 1-Tera Byte HD were i store my projects that I need a faster access, since the USB drives are awfully slow.

The demoparty was meh, no demoshow during the event, the competitions didn't went well to evil and me, only xernobyl managed win something and still he had to share the price with someone, because in Euskal it's pretty common the entry's classification being tied(like the ASD and XPSV demos, seriously wtf ?)

My 3D art entry didn't got any prize, I admit it still needed some improvements, but I didn't agree with the second and third place, oh well ...

The party is becoming less and less interesting for sceners, although the prizes are interesting, it can't be the unique reason to attend to the party, for me it's was the final Euskal, if the opportunity appears in the near future, I will go to Main DemoParty.

At least it was good to see the spanish sceners, Ham, Stage7 and the guys markan and pope with their awesome laser demo, props for putting napalmcore in the greetings :)

In the last day me and jae went out to take photos in Bilbau, the city is amazing place, saldy we didn't had time to visit the Guggenheim.

No comments: